The FINEXUS Center is entirely self-funded. All the researchers are typically funded by Swiss SNF or EU projects grants. Current grants include:
- Swiss National Fund Professorship grant no. PP00P1-144689. Total budget: CHF 1,300,000. Topics: Systemic Risk and Financial Networks.
- DOLFINS: H2020-FET grant no. 640772. Total budget 4.2M EU. UZH budget: EUR 700,000. Duration Mar 2015 - Feb 2018. Topics: endogenous credit in financial networks, incentives for sustainability, civic engagement.
- SEIMETRICS: H2020-FET grant no. 649982. UZH budget: EUR 110,000. Duration 2015 – 2018. Topics: metrics to account for climate impact of portfolio investments.
- ISIGROWTH: H2020 grant no. 649186. UZH budget: EUR 350,000. Duration 2015 – 2018. Topics: financial innovation and real economy growth, inequality.
- ShakerMaker, H2020- grant no. 687941. UZH budget: EUR 130,000. Topic: social innovation in real and financial sector. Duration 2016-2019.
- BigDataFinance (“Big Data in Financial Research and Risk Management”) Marie Curie Innovative Training Network grant no. 675044. UZH budget: EUR 530,000. Topic: Doctoral training of 15 researchers at the crossroad of Finance and Big Data. Duration 2016-2019. For this project, the Chair of Professor Battiston will host one of the 15 fellows.
Past funding sources:
- SIMPOL: FP7-FET grant no. 610704. Total budget 1.8M EU. UZH budget: EUR 330,000. Duration Nov 2013 - Feb 2017. Topics: Financial networks, climate-finance and networks of influence in the policy process.